[Development] 5.4.1 OSX macdeployqt FAIL

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Mon May 11 19:02:47 CEST 2015

Sorvig:

There is a huge amount of code and build infrastructure to learn just to
get to a minimum level of competence on Qt 5.x.

---> I nominate you for “most drama in bug report” in this year’s awards.

Well, since you mention it, I nominate Sorvig for “best Qt community
builder” in this year’s awards for having such a positive attitude
and sharing so generously.

On 5/11/2015 4:11 AM, Sorvig Morten wrote:

>> On 11 May 2015, at 08:45, Ziller Eike <Eike.Ziller at theqtcompany.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On May 10, 2015, at 9:08 PM, mark diener <rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, it looks like the big weakness in OSX deployment is macdeployqt and we are on version 5.4.1+
>>>
>>> I was able to change my macdeployqt command line FROM:
>>>
>>> macdeployqt ./testdep.app/ -qmldir=/macdev/qdev/testdep/ -verbose=2 <enter>
>>>
>>> TO:
>>>
>>> macdeployqt testdep.app/ -qmldir=/macdev/qdev/testdep/ -verbose=2 <enter>
>>>
>>> And it WORKED!
>>>
>>> The only difference between the two is the period and forward slash in front of the testdep.app reference.
>>>
>>> I think it should be registered with the maintainer of macdeployqt that the tool is subject to falling down on its knees
>>> with just the slightest syntax variation. YIKES!
>
> I nominate you for “most drama in bug report” in this year’s awards.
>
> Anyway, let’s fix it! It’s a one-line patch:
>
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/112054/
>
> Morten :)

No spell checkers were harmed during the creation of this message.