[Development] 5.4.1 OSX macdeployqt FAIL

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon May 11 20:43:17 CEST 2015

On Monday 11 May 2015 11:02:47 md at rpzdesign.com wrote:
> There is a huge amount of code and build infrastructure to learn just to
> get to a minimum level of competence on Qt 5.x.
>
> ---> I nominate you for “most drama in bug report” in this year’s awards.
>
> Well, since you mention it, I nominate Sorvig for “best Qt community
> builder” in this year’s awards for having such a positive attitude
> and sharing so generously.

This discussion is not useful, so please stop, both of you.

Mark, you fell through a narrow corner case that no one had tested. We
understand your frustration, but the best way to get help is with honey, not
vinegar: post a comprehensive bug report and avoid insulting people
(explicitly or implied).

Morten, please count to 10 before replying to an email that angered you. Or go
for a snack attack. Then reread your email for tone. We're trying to create an
attractive community for our users and we also do that with honey not vinegar.

Anyway, the patch is approved and will be in Qt 5.5.