[Development] QTextStream::readLine(0) is an ambiguous overload in 5.5

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Wed May 13 02:34:28 CEST 2015

Hi,
this commit [1] added a new overload to QTextStream::readLine. As a result
of that, calling stream.readLine(0) is now ambiguous:

    QString readLine(qint64 maxlen = 0);
    bool readLine(QString *line, qint64 maxlen = 0);

While I can easily fix this in the caller (Konsole in this case), I'm
wodnering whether this effect was understood at the time the change was
merged. IMHO it's a bit more user-friendly to preserve source compatibility
by removing the default value in the newly added overload.

Should I send such a patch?

Cheers,
Jan

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/98606