[Development] Binary compatibility for qtestlib

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed May 20 16:58:17 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 20 May 2015 11:28:26 Knoll Lars wrote:
> >So do we maintain binary compatibility for testlib‎?
>
> I don’t see a strong use case for staying binary compatible with testlib.

There is one use-case, which is to run regression tests without recompiling
the unit test. All the tests that don't require "private_tests" were meant to
be simply run with a new version of Qt.

Maybe we can have an intermediate solution of keeping BC with the previous
minor release only. If you stop using a function in version 5.N, you can
remove it in 5.N+1. Would this work?