[Development] Qt 5.5.0 build issue on OS X (10.9): OpenGL libraries

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Sep 15 03:51:25 CEST 2015

On Monday 14 September 2015 08:09:28 Sorvig Morten wrote:
> Then the question is: which ones should QtGui link against? On other words
> OpenGL usage is not confined to platform plugins only.
>
> To me this points to Xcb or Cocoa being a configure-time choice.

Shouldn't the OpenGL functions be resolved dynamically by the platform plugin?
QtGui should not link to the GL library. We had to implement that
functionality for Windows, so that desktop GL and ANGLE could be selected at
runtime.

This would also allow one QtGui to work with both desktop GL as well as GL ES
in one build (though it could be disabled if one of the two can never happen).