[Development] Vulkan

Tom Kulaga tommy8927 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 03:57:24 CEST 2016

Hi All,

Is anyone actively working on vulkan integration? Or even a QVulkanWidget?
I saw that d3d12 had a preview widget so thought it was reasonable to ask.

If anyone isn't I'm keen to have a crack. In terms of implementation, is it
as naively simple as creating a new widget similar to the QOpenGLWidget
one, just to get a drawable canvas up and running? I believe that on Linux
a xcb_window_t is used for vulkan samples and deep in the QPA I saw it too.

I was wondering if for a novice like me this would be feasible to actually
do?

Does the whole rendering stack need to transfer over to vulkan?

Regards
Tom