[Development] A new approach for Qt main()

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at qt.io
Fri Dec 9 14:22:17 CET 2016

On 09/12/2016 14:10, Jake Petroules wrote:
> Again, I think you're missing Lars' point - "causing huge amount of
> issues" doesn't necessarily mean that we are constantly finding and
> fixing issues every week - in this context it means "the fact that we
> have a workaround at all", i.e. a suboptimal solution to an
> architectural problem that we wish wasn't there. Even ONE issue (the
> one that was "fixed" years ago) can still qualify as "huge amount of
> issues" simply because the solution in place is complicated and we
> don't like it.

Yes, linguistics is quite important when trying to make a point over the
internet. For example using the present tense "causing" instead of past
tense. The fact that you personally have some sort of allergic reaction
to the current situation, based on the strong argument of "not liking
it", is not of much concern to me in shaping the future solution in this
area.

tor arne