[Development] Expect delays in Continuous Integration today

Gladhorn Frederik Frederik.Gladhorn at theqtcompany.com
Fri Jan 8 09:12:43 CET 2016

Hi all,

in order to fix https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-50065 and others linked to it, we need to clean up the way we use -prefix in continuous integration.

Up to now we used the source dir as prefix in many configurations while expecting make install to work, which is more of a hack that worked by accident.

We will change to the proper usage of prefix pointing to a different path, sadly this means slight changes to our collected artifacts which in turn means that modules depending on qtbase will not build until the first round of fresh builds.

Due to this we'll disable and gradually re-enable building of all modules.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we're working on a better solution for the next time (versioning our archives), but for now we do not want to stand in the way of the Qt 5.6.0 release any longer.

During the day things should go back to normal step by step. In the mean time it might be OK to hold off staging patches today unless they are very urgent to keep the noise lower.

Greetings,

Frederik