[Development] Dropping qtserialbus from Qt 5.6 -- it doesn't compile in C++98

Blasche Alexander alexander.blasche at theqtcompany.com
Thu Mar 3 17:39:28 CET 2016

--
Alex

> On quinta-feira, 3 de março de 2016 08:12:25 PST Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Please add a test for each of the specific C++11 features, not for the
> > compiler  version. My email with the build errors lists them all, in
> > addition to NSDMI.
>
> To be clear: one config.test that happens to test each of the specific C++11
> features used.

Anything below gcc 4.7 is excluded now. I see little point in making such fine-grained test. IMO the result is not worth the effort. The module declares it requires C++11 and new modules do not necessarily have to comply with Qt base line requirements. That's why I see little point in making it anything worse than C++11 compliant. This is a conscious decision that accepts the exclusion of certain targets for the module. qtwebengine does the same thing already.

> Note that this may still disable the module in even in Qt 5.7, since things
> like delegating constructors are not yet permitted. I'd like the module to
> remove the tests and comply with Qt coding requirements before it leaves "tech
> preview" state.

It is going to be TP in 5.6 and 5.7. There is simply not enough time between the two releases to evaluate the TP proposal.
5.8 will easily full the requirements.

--
Alex