[Development] redistributing QPA and platform style plugins

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 12:09:16 CEST 2017

Hi,

As you know I've been tinkering with the Cocoa QPA plugin and the Macintosh style.

Are there legal restrictions to making my modified versions available (say on github) other than maintaining the license headers and any licensing files?

How feasible is to extract these components and make it possible to build them standalone (preferably using CMake)? A cursory look suggests that the Cocoa platform plugin might be easier isolate than the built-in Macintosh style, correct?

And last but not least, does doing this have any incidence on "upstreaming", should I ever decide to submit some of those modifications?

Thanks,
René