[Development] Focusing bug fixes to 5.9 branch and patch releases during H1/17

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Tue Apr 11 15:42:26 CEST 2017

When did we ever do a release of qtbase, without any other modules?

> Why this semblance of a discussion, anyway? Why don't you just go ahead
> and pull the plug on 5.8?

Because _you_ started the discussion again. Tuukka just suggested to execute the decision we've made weeks ago now.

> It's not like the Qt Project (or what's left of it) has
> any say in this, you made that abundantly clear in the past.

Lars as Chief Maintainer sent out a mail about this, so this is the official stance of the Qt Project on this.

Seriously, can we please move on? This is in no way productive.

Kai