[Development] openssl-linked include paths in Qt 5.8

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io
Wed Apr 19 11:22:35 CEST 2017

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 09:26:58PM -0400, Kuba Ober wrote:
> When I build 5.8 configured with -static -openssl-linked -I c:\path\to\openssl\include -L c:\path...\lib etc., the OpenSSL configure test passes, but building the network code fails since the include path never makes it to the Makefile (for nmake). Adding QMAKE_INCDIR+=c:\path...\include doesn't help. Am I missing something, or is this a bug? OPENSSL_PATH also seems to be a no-op.

there is already a jira task that sounds quite similar. i didn't get
around to investigate it yet.

instructions for obtaining a possibly useful log:
- let configure finish
- inject -d into the qmake call at the bottom on the configure script
- find the openssl entries in config.cache and delete them
- run configure again, with all output redirected to a file

without the cache trickery you'd get a ~45M file, so don't do that.