[Development] Timeframe for 5.6.3?

Simon Hausmann Simon.Hausmann at qt.io
Tue Jul 11 11:29:37 CEST 2017

Hi,

https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.6_Release talks about August as a potential time frame.

Simon

________________________________
From: Development <development-bounces+simon.hausmann=qt.io at qt-project.org> on behalf of Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:24:40 AM
To: development at qt-project.org
Subject: [Development] Timeframe for 5.6.3?

Hi,

Is there a timeframe for the Qt 5.6.3 LTS release? Or is everyone expected
to move to 5.9 now? The last 5.6.x release was in October 2016, and
especially QtWebEngine has accumulated a lot of security fixes since then.
If it is still going to take a while, could we please at least have snapshot
tarballs built with the release scripts (syncqt etc.)?

I am asking in particular because I would like to issue a QtWebEngine
security update to Fedora 24 before it reaches its end of life a month from
now. Just backporting patches to 5.6.2 is not going to be practical because
Chromium was upgraded from 45 to 49 between 5.6.2 and 5.6.3.

Unfortunately, an LTS branch loses a lot of its value when security updates
are not provided in a timely manner.

Kind regards,
        Kevin Kofler