[Development] Release plan moving forward

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Wed May 10 14:19:10 CEST 2017

Hi Lars,

> 5.6.3 is planned for Summer (current plan is August), close to 18 months
> after the first release. So yes, the 'very strict’ mode would be coming
> somewhat early, but more by 6 months than a full year.

Or to put it this way: 5.6 LTS guarantees, that all serious bugs found
during the 5.9 ( guess also 5.10 ) cycle will make their way into 5.6.

> I am in favour of getting onto the ‘very strict’ path a bit faster ...

Coming from the user point of view I would vote for at least not dropping
support for any LTS version until the following one goes into 'strict’
mode. So in this case 5.6 would not go into 'very strict’ before 5.10 is
released.

But you already gave a promise for 5.6: breaking it easily, compromises
LTS promises in general - also the one you would like to make for 5.9.

ciao,
Uwe