[Development] Future of QBS

Denis Shienkov denis.shienkov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 18:55:26 CEST 2017

Hi all, my 5-cents:

QBS is better (best best) than CMake, IMHO, as CMake is too complicated.  :)

QBS needs still in BinaryFiles support (e.g. to allow todo patching, merge
for some output
files using custom algorithms), better QtC integration (e.g. with Android
&& iOS).

In other things QBS is very flexible, e.g. I have used it for creation of
some application's
Installers (for Windows), packing to archives, adding of additional rules
for creating of HEX,
MAP and so forth 'post build' things, and more more others (include
compiling a projects
for bare-metal architectures, e.g. AVR and so on). I don't know is it
possible to do it with
CMake with same as it simple in QBS (because CMake it is hell, IMHO).

Besides, AFAIK, Qt has the wip/qbs branch, where it builds with QBS instead
of qmake.

BR,
Denis