[Development] Qt 5.12 schedule proposal & proposal for release process change

Alex Blasche alexander.blasche at qt.io
Mon Apr 16 08:12:37 CEST 2018

I wholeheartedly agree with Thiago. The distinction may not make a difference from the release team perspective but it makes a world of difference for developers (who have different limitations for each step) and the world as they can decide how bleeding edge the code is that they want to test.

I have a problem with the motivation behind this suggestion too (don't understand it). The naming makes no difference for you as release manager (afaict just a label). Why suggesting it aka what do you want to gain by doing snapshots only?
--
Alex