[Development] Build system for Qt 6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Dec 16 20:09:07 CET 2018

On Sunday, 16 December 2018 09:00:29 PST Denis Shienkov wrote:
> As we all can see, the CMake loses even QBS. We need to spent a tens of
> hours/days to find out the solution, using CMake's , but with QBS same
> issue solves for 30 mins or work immediatelly.  Its very funny.

Then by all means continue developing it and maintaining the Qt branches for
it. This is open source, no one is stopping you.

When the time comes for us to actually make the choice, if the QBS branch is
in good shape and fulfills the requirements set forth, it can still be
considered. Note especially the requirement of large and complex non-Qt
software being used with it and packaged continuously in more than one Linux
distro for 2 years.