[Development] Deprecation of Qt Quick Controls 1

Helmut Mülner helmut.muelner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 14:06:59 CET 2018

> It should come as no big surprise that we are not working much on Qt Quick
Controls 1.
After some discussions inside The Qt Company, we concluded that it would
make sense to clarify the situation.
We see the value Controls 1 provides - more platform native styling - but it
comes at a high price.

]
> As you can see, the effort is currently split and we'd like to reduce the
attention to the two big areas - Widgets and Quick with Controls 2. This
means we will spend even less time on Controls 1, where we'll only fix
critical issues in the future.

In my application I mostly use Controls 2 but have to add some controls from
Qt Quick Controls 1, e.g. TableView, SplitView, Calendar, ScrollView. It
would be nice to have these controls available in Controls 2 before you
deprecate Controls 1.

Regards

Helmut