[Development] Build Qt

The Crow ceperez1996 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 17:36:00 CEST 2018

[Sorry my English] Hi. I'm student of Automation Engineering and for the
last two years I've been developing my degree and personal projects with
Qt. I've using Windows and now I switched to Linux. In Windows I
successfully build static version of Qt libs many times. Also, I am
starting using QML, but in Windows, statically compiled QML applications
shows really bad, graphics are not good, showing a "particle rain" in the
entire application. I think that this is not a bug, I'm just missing
something about QML while building static qt on Windows. This not happen on
Linux.

The procedure I use to build Qt in Windows is:
1. Install Qt sources. (last available, 5.11.X right now)
2. Install Python 2.7.X to build QML (last available)
3. Open terminal and execute configure command in src directory: configure
-prefix “/somePath/Qt511Static” -static -static-runtime -release
-opensource -confirm-license -qt-zlib -qt-pcre -qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg
-opengl desktop -sql-sqlite -make libs -make tools -nomake examples -nomake
tests -skip qtwebengine
4. Build: make -k -jN
5. Install: make -k install
6. Set the static kit in Qt Creator

I build text-editor qml example statically. There is a image about what I'm
getting. I wrote to the release team about this problem and another about
Linux font deployment (poorly documented as well). They tell me that pass
-fontconfig and that solved my Linux problem. They tell me that the
developer team may can help me with the Windows problem.