[Development] Code contributions via bug reports and forum posts

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at qt.io
Wed May 16 18:31:56 CEST 2018

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 09:06:59AM -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Please note this grants The Qt Company this right, presumably because
> that "Feedback" is submitted to a web service they control.

uh? it does because it's submitted to a service which has these TOS. you
could put the same terms on a site *you* control, and the benefactor
would still be tqtc.

> For other people in the Qt Project, nothing changes: you (and I) are
> not allowed to pick up patches submitted to the bug reporting system
> or forums and apply it to Qt no more than we are allowed to pick up
> patches submitted to Stack Overflow or pastebin.com.

that's nonsense. you wouldn't be using the code for your own purposes,
but just acting as a proxy, re-submitting the code under terms the
author has already accepted, including attribution.

IANAL, blah blah blah.