[Development] Repository Request: qt/licensing

Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) bstottle at ford.com
Thu May 24 21:18:22 CEST 2018

On Thursday, May 24, 2018 11:19 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Uh... not really. I use git while on the plane :-)

Fair points.  I tend to build/update QtBase only a few times around the new releases, and usually I build/update QtCreator at the same time.  Thus given the QtCreator code I referenced previously means those use cases/concerns are broken independent of my proposal.

Maybe a combination is possible, where the project files look in a common location.  If licheck isn't found, attempt to grab the file via https and put it there?  Or print the necessary `git clone` message to grab licheck and put it in the right spot, then error out?  Anything that avoids manual steps that are only found in the online documentation.

Brett