[Development] Who is in charge of qt-project.org?

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Thu Nov 1 10:02:37 CET 2018

On 01.11.18 08:49, Tuukka Turunen wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> What comes to the mistake with the mailing list archive, we of course fix it. Meanwhile, use the workaround described by Andy: " It is there, but you have to go to http://lists.qt-project.org for now, it is being moved to a new server so at some point the https address will be back, but until then you need to use the http address."

> The reasons for not having a separate site for open-source Qt and commercial Qt are described quite well in this blog post from, 2014: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2014/08/06/defragmenting-qt-and-uniting-our-ecosystem/
>
> The hosting foundation for Qt Project (a non-profit organization registered in Norway) is currently inoperable, costs of running the web servers, download systems etc of the Qt Project are paid directly by The Qt Company.

That blog you link said it would merge the contents of qt-project.org with the
contents of digia. In practice, it just removed, or hide, all the contents from
qt-project, and replaced it by The Qt Company marketing.

At the time, qt-project.org contained useful information for and from
developers *of* Qt. The contribution model was explained, the blog links was
linking to planet qt, an aggregation of contributors blog.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140806181527/http://qt-project.org:80/

Today, qt-project.org redirects to https://www.qt.io/developers/ which is use a
page for developer *using* Qt. It contains only Qt Company links, The "Qt" blog
is just "The Qt Company" blog. It does not really mention that there are
contributors to Qt other than the Qt company.