[Development] Who is in charge of qt-project.org?

NIkolai Marchenko enmarantispam at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 14:03:31 CET 2018

>   But it would not change the facts - it is an impossibly huge task to
replace CMake with Qbs even within the Qt users, let alone outside of Qt.

Yes... then you *should not have encouraged* your customers to switch in
the first place.
Either you are committed to keep you *promises* or you are not.
Promises that have been done *less than a year* ago.

Whether it was a dumb decision to make such a promise is another question,
but you *made it* and people actually migrated to qbs and now risk getting
straddled with dead build system in their projects.
If you make such a promise, be prepared to either keep it or suffer the
mistrust of your users.

There's plenty of salt in your blog post about it: these are all people
that will think ten times before adopting anything of yours again.
Personally, I will discourage anyone from trusting you ever again. I hope
others do too.
Is *this* a risk you are willing to take?