[Development] HDR Support in Qt and Angle

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Nov 21 10:43:57 CET 2018

We've been working with Intel for some time now on figuring out how to support
HDR in Krita. Dmitry has made some initial progress, hacking on Angle and Qt
to make this possible. Right now, only Windows and Direct3D support HDR,
though Intel is also working on support on Linux.

Other Qt applications, like VLC, implement a custom Direct3D widget, but since
all our code is opengl, that wouldn't have worked for Krita.

Here's the first report with some links to code: https://
dimula73.blogspot.com/2018/11/krita-fall-2018-sprint-results-hdr.html

What I'm wondering is, have other people been working on this as well, or
thinking about it? And what would be needed to get our code upstreamed. I
remember that trying to get the modernized code for QOpenGLPainter pushed was
quite hard, so I wanted to reach out as soon as possible.
--
https://www.krita.org