[Development] qt open62541 client connection signals doesn't receive from backend class

Berna Sanchez dalay1975 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 19:02:41 CEST 2018

Hello,
I'm on a stuck with a problem and some help will be appreciated it.
I've installed open62541 following this tutorial (Building On Windows –
Mingw32) and seems like everything are ok, but when I try to connect my own
client with a demo opcua server the QOpcUaClient::ClientState(Connecting)
is always connecting state (no matter if server is running or not).

Debugging I can see:

-qopen62541backend.cpp:
Open62541AsyncBackend::connectToEndpoint(const QUrl &url) is emitting
signals correctly (connected when server is running or disconnected when
not) so far I think it's ok.

On other hand, qopcuaclientprivate.cpp:
void pcUaClientPrivate::setStateAndError(QOpcUaClient::ClientState state,
QOpcUaClient::ClientError error) seems like should receive the signals from
backend class but it doesn't work, so client state still on connecting.

I also tried with other compiler (“Qt 5.11.1 64-bit for Desktop (MSVC
2017)”) and still happen the same.

I'm looking forward for your feedback. Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Berna.