[Development] Dropping MinGW support in Qt 6 (Was: HEADS-UP: QStringLiteral)

Massimo Callegari massimocallegari at yahoo.it
Wed Aug 21 21:29:29 CEST 2019

-1 IMHO too

Instead, please consider switching to MSYS2 for Qt6. It's much more structured than *bare* MinGW and it offers an increasing number of libraries out of the box.

I believe many developers would appreciate it, and I suspect it would help the Qt company too when packaging non-VS-Qt for Windows.

Also, MSYS2 is used by AppVeyor as CI system. I use it for my project. It's fantastic.

Please, I don't want to use Micro$oft stuff.

Massimo

 Il mercoledì 21 agosto 2019, 20:37:56 CEST, Mathias Hasselmann <mathias at taschenorakel.de> ha scritto:

Am 21.08.2019 um 19:38 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> PPS: can we drop MinGW support in Qt 6?
What alternative do you propse?