[Development] Dropping MinGW support in Qt 6 (Was: HEADS-UP: QStringLiteral)

Henry Skoglund henry at tungware.se
Wed Aug 21 23:33:15 CEST 2019

Nice. Those .exe files would be closer to 30 MB than 20 MB, right? But
nowadays that kind of sizes are quite common/normal and does not incur
any noticeable delays when launching them.

Building static Qt apps this way for Windows I think will be more
popular. I wish Qt would include a static building wizard, like showing
say the most common static build flavors as check boxes, and perhaps a
detailed view for cherrypicking exactly what modules you want.

Rgrds Henry