[Development] CMake Workshop Summary

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 17:08:39 CET 2019

El sábado, 23 de febrero de 2019 12:26:26 -03 Thiago Macieira escribió:
> On Saturday, 23 February 2019 01:52:06 PST Richard Weickelt wrote:
> > > But do note that our parallelism isn't that bad right now. There's a
> > > long
> > > critical path before parallel things can currently be built, but once
> > > QtQml is built, the number of jobs that can be launched in parallel is
> > > very big. What doesn't need that build isn't very large.
> >
> > Could you elaborate a bit on that? Are you saying that the number of
> > modules depending on QtQml is "very big" and hence it is on a critical
> > path or is this module different from other critical modules like
> > QtNetwork or QtCore?
> I am saying that there are enough libraries or plugins depending on QtQml or
> QtQuick, causing a lot of Git repositories to depend on qtdeclarative. That
> puts them in the critical path.

For 5.11 something along:

<https://qt-kde-team.pages.debian.net/images/qt5_build_deps.png>

Note that only critical path is followed, +/- docs.

In other words: only 6 submodules can be built without qtdeclarative: qtbase,
qtgamepad, qtimageformats, qtxmlpatterns and qtscript. qtstyleplugins is not
part of the "official" submodules if I'm not mistaken.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/