[Development] Archiving is working

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Fri Jan 25 19:22:48 CET 2019

Il 25/01/19 18:41, Edward Welbourne ha scritto:
> The pages have all been updated and had their URLs changed.
> Or are you trying to tell me something else ?
> I'm not sure I fully understand.

Yes. And that's the problem. It *MUST NOT* happen. Links to mails in the
mailing list are found in commit messages, on the bugtracker, and so on.
Breaking them is a big no-no-no.

As I said before, the new archive is corrupted, and thus must be fixed.
Look at the numbering of emails from the new archives and note at how it
"jumps":

> https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2011-October/date.html

Compare it to the old numbering (progressive):

> https://web.archive.org/web/20180408194615/http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/

Then take a look at the current archive:

> https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2011-October.txt.gz

Compare it with the old archive:

> https://web.archive.org/web/20180408194615/http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2011-October.txt.gz

The new archive is corrupted; there are duplicated emails in there.
What's needed now is to make pipermail produce a result identical to the
old archive.

My 2 c,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts