[Development] Proposal: New branch model

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jan 25 21:46:36 CET 2019

On Friday, 25 January 2019 04:30:52 PST Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> Could we simplify testing for some types of patches?  E.g. if the patch only
> touches documentation, don’t run tests, except those that involve building
> docs, if we have any of those.

I think that's a good idea to investigate, but remember that you *can* break
things with doc changes. Maybe a way for a "low-priority stage", which stages
a change but doesn't trigger the integration unless a timeout comes around or
a regular priority change is also staged.

One time back in the TT/Nokia days Frans asked me for a quick review of a "###
Qt5" change he wanted to add and I gave him my approval verbally (that was
before code review systems). So he pushed it. 5 minutes later, Paul waked into
our office saying we had broken the build: we forgot the // to *start* the
comment.