[Development] Requesting a repository for Alexa integration

Frederik Gladhorn Frederik.Gladhorn at qt.io
Wed May 8 16:55:52 CEST 2019

Now I'm looking forward to seeing what you've come up with :)

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/admin/projects/qt/qtvoiceassistant

Cheers,
Frederik

On onsdag 8. mai 2019 16:47:24 CEST Minenko, Vladimir wrote:
> Thanks fort he feedback!
>

> > "qt/qtvoiceassistant"
>

> Sounds good! Thanks!
>
> --
> Vladimir
>
> On 08.05.19, 16:41, "Frederik Gladhorn" <Frederik.Gladhorn at qt.io> wrote:
>
>     Hi Vladimir,
>
>     It's great to hear that you've been looking into integrating Alexa and
> other
 assistants as well, we have a few thoughts around this in The Qt
> Company and have been drawing how a rough abstraction for several
> assistants could look like. Sadly it's not easy to hook deeply into e.g.
> Alexa, but what you've done sounds very interesting. A later extension
> could also be to use QtMultiMedia with the Alexa SDK.
>
>     Moving/renaming repositories is generally a not very fun exercise, so
> we've
 been aiming to just use the final name, independent of the state.
> I'd suggest "qt/qtvoiceassistant", does that sound OK?
>
>     Cheers,
>     Frederik
>

>     On onsdag 10. april 2019 14:23:54 CEST Minenko, Vladimir wrote:
>
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > I would like to request for a new repository:
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Name of the repository: qt-labs/qtalexa.git
>     > systems.
>     > Responsible person: Vladimir Minenko
>     > Gerrit user/email: vladimir.minenko at pelagicore.com
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > We developed an initial version of integration of Amazon Alexa in
>     > Qt-based
>     > UI. It can currently visualize selected cards (known as "Display
>     > Cards") as
 well as use Custom Skills to post control command to a
>     > system using Qt as UI framework.
>

>     > The current implementation is fully functional and was already used in
>     > a
>     > joint-development prototype with a customer. The mid- to long-term
>     > intention is to create a new extension for Qt which would enable using
>     > of a
 voice assistance in Qt based applications and systems. The code