[Development] RFC: Defaulting to or enforcing UTF-8 locales on Unix systems

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Nov 4 15:48:18 CET 2019

On Monday, 4 November 2019 01:40:00 PST Edward Welbourne wrote:
> * a list of regexes for program names to which it applies, when started
>   as child processes.
>
> Or is that too hard to implement at all the places where we call exec()
> and its equivalents ?

That's not at all what I wanted.

I want to do qputenv in the Qt application *itself*, inside QCoreApplication.
Note the most important process that this will apply to: itself. It applies to
all other frameworks inside the same application that may inspect the
environment, including an extra unknown call to setlocale(LC_ALL, "").