[Development] Closing 5.13 branch after Qt 5.13.2 release?

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Fri Sep 6 13:59:02 CEST 2019

Hi,

Target is to reduce the merge steps after no further patch releases planned for Qt 5.13. One option would be to agree that at certain point 5.13 goes into cherry pick mode, if not closed.  That can be reached also by having 5.14 as the stable branch after 5.13.2 is branched. 5.13 could be open even until Qt 5.14.0 is released, but only receive cherry picked changes from 5.14 branch.

Yours,

	Tuukka

On 05/09/2019, 19.30, "Development on behalf of Thiago Macieira" <development-bounces at qt-project.org on behalf of thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

    On Thursday, 5 September 2019 08:51:40 PDT Tuukka Turunen wrote:
    > That is probably quite close to Qt 5.13.2 timing. If we release it in mid
    > October we have about a month to Qt 5.14.0. Of course release team still
    > can push cherrypicked fixes into 5.13 after closed. So in case of some
    > crucial fix there is no problem.

    I think we should keep it open, since the timing could allow for a 5.13.3. The
    schedule for 5.14 straddles the contributor summit, so there's a non-
    negligible chance that it won't be out by the end of November.

    Worst case is that we don't release it and 5.13 gets merged into 5.14.