[Development] Closing 5.13 branch after Qt 5.13.2 release?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Sep 6 16:58:37 CEST 2019

On Friday, 6 September 2019 04:59:02 PDT Tuukka Turunen wrote:
> Target is to reduce the merge steps after no further patch releases planned
> for Qt 5.13.

That's circular thinking, because you're saying that 5.13.3 is not planned.

Let's do it the other way around then: put 5.13.3 in the plan, with a decision
to close the branch without release at the time 5.14.0-rc1 is released.

I also don't understand what we need to reduce. Having the current stable,
current post-feature-freeze and the current in-development branches have
always been the norm. The only new thing is the Qt 6 branch ("dev"), which
does not need frequent merging.