[Development] ChangeLog script will need adaptation to cherry-pick model

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Tue Aug 11 13:04:42 CEST 2020

Jani Heikkinen (11 August 2020 07:09)
> if the correct behavior is the first one then the script doesn't need any change?

That sounds plausible for everything after the first release of each
branch, but less convincing for the .0 release: when Qt 6.0 is released,
surely we don't want to repeat all the change log notes from 5.15.0 to
5.15.x (whatever our last release before 6.0 may be) in the 6.0 release
notes (especially as many of those are deprecations of things removed in
6.0).  Likewise, when 6.1 is released, we don't want to repeat the
release notes after 6.0.0 up to whichever 6.0.x is current when 6.1.0
comes out.  Or, at the very least, we probably only want the edited
highlights,

	Eddy.