[Development] [Releasing] HEADS-UP: Qt 5.15 Feature Freeze is in effect now

Alex Blasche alexander.blasche at qt.io
Thu Feb 6 14:51:17 CET 2020

Either option solves the ambiguity. What's more important to our users - a consistent naming convention or an early warning/compile error when adopting Qt 6?

Considering that our naming convention for error() signals is inconsistent anyway, I favour an approach that highlights API changes early.

From an API user's perspective, the errorOccurred() signal changes little of the existing inconsistency (code completion solves most of this problem too) but sets my up for an ugly runtime error. A renamed getter solves my ambiguity issues and the compiler tells me straight away that there is a change.

Therefore I'd vote to keep it as is (after Timur's recent change)

--
Alex