[Development] [Releasing] HEADS-UP: Qt 5.15 Feature Freeze is in effect now

Alexander Akulich akulichalexander at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 15:24:40 CET 2020

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 4:52 PM Alex Blasche <alexander.blasche at qt.io> wrote:

> Considering that our naming convention for error() signals is inconsistent anyway, I favour an approach that highlights API changes early.

The convention can not be inconsistent. It can either do not exist
("we have no convention, so we're agreed to do whatever we want and
have inconsistency in the API") or it can exist, so we want to follow
it by definition.

If we have the convention that goes against the API then it would make
sense to either adjust/withdraw the convention or apply it at the
right time for the latest minor Qt 5 release.