[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 16:41:54 CET 2020

On 28/01/2020 01.37, Benjamin TERRIER wrote:
> You might have missed the info because it is in the blog post, but not in
> Lars email:
>
> There will be no more open source offline installer.

Correction: there will be no offline installer *provided by TQtC*.

Like Nikolai¹, what I expect to happen is that some third party will
start repackaging Qt, and will become the de facto binary provider.

Honestly, the first thing that went through my head when I read the blog
was an image of someone at TQtC thinking: "Making binary installers is
just so *haaaaard*. We really don't want to do it any more. Won't
someone please step up and do it for us?"

(¹
https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2020-January/038343.html)

--
Matthew