[Development] Changes to Qt offering

Andras Mantia andras.mantia at kdab.com
Wed Jan 29 14:01:29 CET 2020

Hi,

On Wednesday, January 29, 2020 2:25:40 PM EET Cristián Maureira-Fredes wrote:
> This is nothing new Giuseppe,
> people actively using Qt will have Qt accounts because they either
> use our JIRA, and also Gerrit, son for those people, this should not
> make such impact on the usage of the Qt account.

I think Mathias' point was that for *new* developers you will raise the
barrier. If someone wants to try Qt a mandatory registration is something that
can scare them away.  People starting to get fed up with such registrations
everywhere, especially before they can realize if they need that tool or not.
 Existing users probably have an account anyway, for them it is just extra
annoyance to remember the password (which is not the case for jira, gerrit,
etc. as the browsers do that) and *might* cause problems for CI systems.

Andras

PS: This is my private opinion, not the opinion of my employer.

--
András Mantia | andras.mantia at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
Tel: Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090, USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322)