[Development] How to perform unattended installations of Qt? (Was: Changes to Qt offering)

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Wed Sep 16 12:39:58 CEST 2020

> On 15 Jul 2020, at 02:19, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
>
> On Tuesday, 14 July 2020 14:39:52 PDT Richard Weickelt wrote:
>>> Still waiting for instructions on how to do an unattended installation of
>>> binary Qt.
>>
>> While you are waiting, have you seen those pages?
>>
>> - https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-online-installer-4.0-pre-alpha-released
>> - https://wiki.qt.io/Online_Installer_4.x
>>
>> Bonus:
>>
>> - https://pastebin.com/jUN51zci
>>
>> Maybe you wanna give it a try and let us know how well it works?
>
> Will take a look, thanks.
>
> --
>  Software Architect - Intel System Software Products

Hey ho,

I’ve recently been doing a bit of work to automate the testing of the online installer and the Qt packages through minicoin [1] recently; check

https://git.qt.io/vohilshe/minicoin/-/tree/master/minicoin/jobs/install-online

for a cmake script that downloads the Qt Online installer and installs the latest Qt 6 snapshot, on any host platform Qt supports.

I’m running things regularly on local and cloud-hosted VMs running Windows10, macOS, and Ubuntu. FWIW, the xdotool stuff is only needed because I also want to run some basic tests that require a user session.

Cheers,
Volker

[1] https://www.qt.io/blog/2019/06/04/introducing-minicoin