[Development] How to perform unattended installations of Qt? (Was: Changes to Qt offering)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Sep 16 17:05:34 CEST 2020

On Wednesday, 16 September 2020 03:39:58 PDT Volker Hilsheimer wrote:
> I’ve recently been doing a bit of work to automate the testing of the online
> installer and the Qt packages through minicoin [1] recently; check
>
> https://git.qt.io/vohilshe/minicoin/-/tree/master/minicoin/jobs/install-onli
> ne
>
> for a cmake script that downloads the Qt Online installer and installs the
> latest Qt 6 snapshot, on any host platform Qt supports.
>
> I’m running things regularly on local and cloud-hosted VMs running
> Windows10, macOS, and Ubuntu. FWIW, the xdotool stuff is only needed
> because I also want to run some basic tests that require a user session.

Thanks, Volker

The script is very understandable. When I have the time, I'll take a look at
setting up a GitHub Action for installing Qt on their Linux and Mac hosts. I
really need to get away from Travis, since that is taking 2-3 days to test a
pull request.

One question: the downloads are currently anonymous. I understood from earlier
in this thread that would not remain the case. Did I misunderstand or is that
still a change to come?