[Development] Deprecated/Obsolete API that survived the transition from Qt 5 to Qt 6

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 06:26:02 CEST 2021

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 4:51 PM Giuseppe D'Angelo <giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com>
wrote:

> Uhm... didn't they decide exactly against this? I might have missed the
> memo.

Well, apparently I did.

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 5:05 PM Volker Hilsheimer <volker.hilsheimer at qt.io>
wrote:

> You didn’t miss any memo. Konstantin, I wonder (genuinely to see what we
> can do better to have a discussion about this kind of thing without ending
> up with FUD spreading) how you got that impression?

It wasn't a loaded question, I must simply have remembered incorrectly; I
do recall it being discussed.
On a personal note, I do like the BC promise, and find it rather
distasteful to make such a promise, but then brake it a year or so in, even
if there may be good reasons to.

Kind regards,
Konstantin.