[Development] Renamed: Running a service for Qt community

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at qt.io
Fri May 21 10:16:59 CEST 2021

On 5/20/21 5:16 PM, Jason H wrote:

> *if you wonder why I keep calling them Digia and not the Qt Company, it is because the actions of late don't really feel like Qt of old (Nokia, TrollTech) would have treated opens source users that way. Looking at the management: https://investors.qt.io/governance/management/ only 2 came from Nokia, the rest are from Digia or have been hired since. To me, this explains the change of behavior by Qt's controlling entity.

In addition to Robert's correction, I want to mention two things.

1. In the glorious days of Trolltech and Qt 3.3.3, the Windows port, for
example, of Qt was commercial-only. The open-source part of the dual
license was GPL. Contributions from outside the company were nearby
non-existent.

2. With snide remarks it's the same with jokes: if you gotta explain
them, it's usually a sign they lack cunning.

Cheers,

Joerg