[Development] C++20 comparisons @ Qt (was: Re: C++20 @ Qt)

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at qt.io
Tue Nov 14 13:17:18 CET 2023

On 14.11.23 11:54, Edward Welbourne wrote:
> Volker Hilsheimer (14 November 2023 10:00) wrote:
>> Adding Qt::snake_case interims that are BC with std, with conversion
>> from/to QPartialOrdering, is the right thing to do.
>
> Perhaps namespace q20 would be a better place for them, given both the
> naming (snake-case, to match stl) and the plan ?

It's dangerously close to q20, yes, but q20 types switch at compile-time
between std and fall-back types, which means they cannot be used in the
ABI (yes, I used qxp::function_ref in QTestLib, but that doesn't have a
`using std::...`, yet, so we're still ok, and QTestLib doesn't have BC
constraints).

The Qt::*ordering types, OTOH, are specifically _for_ use in the ABI.

Thanks,
Marc

--
Marc Mutz <marc.mutz at qt.io>
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company
Erich-Thilo-Str. 10 12489
Berlin, Germany
www.qt.io

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Jouni Lintunen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin,
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
HRB 144331 B