[Development] Trouble getting reviews in months and years

Ilya Fedin fedin-ilja2010 at ya.ru
Tue Apr 9 19:12:48 CEST 2024

On Mon, 08 Apr 2024 22:36:56 -0500
Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On Monday 8 April 2024 17:17:04 CDT Ilya Fedin wrote:
> > 2. https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/444859 which is
> > 1.5 years old and no review
>
> Submitted during Christmas break and no changes since New Years. No
> wonder it was missed. You should have sent a "ping" during the second
> week of January.
>
> That's the rule of thumb: after a week with no reviews, send "ping> .
> One week later, "re-ping". If you reach the third week, explicitly
> add the maintainer of the module in question and say, "maintainer, do
> your duty and review". And if that maintainer is unavailable for some
> reason, add Volker.
>
> If all else fails, there's this mailing list. You can send an email
> with your pending reviews and request that they be reviewed. But
> advice: include the topic of the review, not just the link and how
> long it's been. I have absolutely no clue on reviewing XCB stuff, but
> I had to click every link to make sure none of them was a QtCore
> issue I might have missed.

Oh, sorry, I was answering in quite a sleepy state but now I checked the
change you quoted and it seems I did almost everything as you said? The
change is supplied at Nov 23, 2022 which is long before Christmas, with
only a rebase and a minor commit message change during Christmas,
then I pinged at Jan 14 which is exactly a day before the second week of
January? The only thing I haven't done is adding Volker as I didn't
know (is this written anywhere?) that's something should be done...