[Development] Trouble getting reviews in months and years

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Apr 10 06:04:25 CEST 2024

On Tuesday 9 April 2024 10:12:48 PDT Ilya Fedin wrote:
> Oh, sorry, I was answering in quite a sleepy state but now I checked the
> change you quoted and it seems I did almost everything as you said? The
> change is supplied at Nov 23, 2022 which is long before Christmas, with
> only a rebase and a minor commit message change during Christmas,
> then I pinged at Jan 14 which is exactly a day before the second week of
> January? The only thing I haven't done is adding Volker as I didn't
> know (is this written anywhere?) that's something should be done...

I missed that the initial upload was in November..

In any case, that was only one of many changes and the others don't fall on
holidays. So that portion of the message wouldn't apply to them.

Just take the procedure as I outlined, to send ping and re-pings, then adding
maintainers and then asking this list. Don't wait months and years: you're
entitled to getting a review within one month. The worst that can happen are
that someone decides to make a permanent rejection because they can't justify
accepting.

  Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Cloud Engineering