[Interest] Mac app store roadblock for Qt applications using QtWebKit

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:36:03 CET 2011

Am 16.12.2011 um 02:05 schrieb Chris Meyer <cmeyer1969+qt at gmail.com>:

> I have an application that has been shipping in the Mac app store for
> several months based on Qt.
>
> I don't know if it is possible for QtWebKit (or even if it would be
> accepted if it were possible) to build without linking to the
> libraries in WebKitLibraries...

Could you quickly confirm that your application actually uses (and hence links) against QtWebKit?

So the conclusion so far would be:

* Qt app + QtWebKit: absolute no-go for Apple App Store

* Qt App without QtWebKit: good to go (provided all the Qt "App Store" patches are applied)

Talking of which: does the recently released Qt 4.8 include the patch which lets the application control where to store the "Qt settings"? What about the "sandbox Qt filedialog" issue? Did that patch make it into the 4.8? The changelog I found on Git (!?) did not reveal anything...

Will try out myself anyway, but I'm eager to know ;)

Cheers, Oliver