[Interest] Qt Contributors Day in SF starts here

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Fri Nov 4 22:19:32 CET 2011

Wiki page finally available at
http://wiki.qt-project.org/Qt_Contributors_Day

Please sign up at
http://wiki.qt-project.org/Qt_Contributors_Day#Participants if you are
planning to attend. You want the right size of rooms - and probably the
right amount of coffee as well.

On 11/04/2011 08:11 AM, ext Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
>> Some ideas of topics that could be scheduled in the Qt Contribution Day:
>>
>> - Collaboration between the Android port and the Qt Project.

The Necessitas maintainers only have to take the slot. Are you reading
this? Feel free forwarding to the right people.

>> - Collaboration between the iOS port and the Qt Project.

I have discussed this with Ian Dean. We are finding a way to get him
from South Africa to SF. If anybody else is using or contributing this
port please show up.

> Both of these topics would be very interesting to me, and I would like
> to know more. I will do a little reading before I get out there, but
> being able to continue using Qt across the two dominant mobile OSes
> would be great.

Note that the core mission of the Qt Contributors Day is more about
discussion and collaboration and less about listening and learning
(although that too, you know what I mean). If these sessions happen I
would expect that they would concentrate on how make sure Qt upstream
gets the right patches (if this is not happening already), how they can
become part of the official infrastructure, releases, roadmapping...

> As an addition, perhaps how can Qt increase its adoption in big
> national labs, similar scientific programs.

If you have any specific suggestion please list in in detail at
http://wiki.qt-project.org/Qt_Contributors_Day#Proposed_topics

> Once you have a page up I would be happy to take a look. I have now
> attended two unconference style events and feel like I am getting a
> handle on it. It would be great to hear what thoughts/suggestions
> other attendees have.

This will be slightly more organized than a pure unconference but we
will let enough time and space for adhoc activities.

--
Quim