[Interest] Qt 5 requirements: xcb or wayland required

Carl Schumann schumann at fnal.gov
Wed Apr 11 21:56:13 CEST 2012

Qt 5 community,

I notice some documentation that states that the current Qt 5 Alpha
requires xcb or wayland.   Is this requirement expected to be relaxed in
future releases?

I am not an expert, so I don't really even understand what xcb or
wayland's role would be in Qt 5.   But I am at a shop that uses X11 and
I understand that xcb and wayland maybe newer alternatives to X11.
Unfortunately, retiring X11 would probably be a big issue around here.

Sincerely,
Carl Schumann