[Interest] Programming strategy for old-school, 2-d video game?

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 03:24:34 CEST 2012

Hi Nikos!

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd recommend SDL instead of Qt for this.  That way you get Android and
> iOS compatibility too.  Take a look at a very short and easy to follow
> tutorial/introduction for game programming with SDL and see if you like it:
>
>    http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/index.php

Thank you for the link.  Nice web site with the tutorials.

Android / iOS compatibility isn't really a big deal for me.  How would
you compare Qt and SDL in terms of the following:

Starting from scratch, which would be "better" for fairly simple 2-d
games?  Power and feature-richness are good, but simplicity and
a gentle learning curve are good too.

Starting from some experience with desktop Qt applications (and
no SDL experience), which would be better?

Thanks for your suggestions.

K. Frank